We have an exciting opportunity for a Financial Accounts Assistant to join the Financial Reporting Team on a fixed term basis until March 2020. We are currently seeking a well-motivated individual to provide support and assistance to the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will ideally be AAT qualified or part ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified and will need to be a clear and effective communicator, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work to deadlines.
The main duties will include:
· Periodic fixed asset accounting including processing additions, disposals and CAPEX reports.
· Responsibility for intercompany account reconciliation and settlement;
· Preparation of periodic VAT returns and reconciliations;
· Assisting the Finance Manager with periodic fixed asset accounting;
· Completion of balance sheet reconciliations as well as management of the process;
· Supporting the budget process;
· Manage and produce pension reports and reconciliations.
· Management of the company credit card accounting process.
Skills and experience required:
· Self-motivating, determined with drive and a results-focused approach;
· Strong Excel and Word skills;
· Experience using Oracle preferable;
· Experience working in a pressurised environment;
· Attention to detail;
· Good interpersonal skills.
Salary dependent on experience.
Transport for Wales - Rail Services recognises its responsibilities with regard to the integrity and security of Personal Data and information collected during the recruitment process in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended) (the "Data Protection Legislation").
By accepting these Terms and consenting below, you agree that the information contained in your application and any other personal information obtained about you during the recruitment process ("Personal Data"), which may include Sensitive Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998), may be used by Transport for Wales - Rail Services and its affiliates for any purpose regarding your application. These purposes will include: recruitment activities related to this (or any future) vacancy; management and administration requirements; if you are offered a role with us we are permitted to use information collected during the recruitment process for the purpose of making the offer and to manage your on-going employment with us; and for compliance with any procedures, laws and regulations to which Transport for Wales - Rail Services is subject.
If you are offered a role with us then we will also undertake pre-employment checks, which may include, but not be limited to, checking your credit history, criminal records checks, address, academic qualifications and employer references.Accept & Continue